The Biosphere are delighted to be hosting this online event all about Careers in Life Sciences.
In the North East, life sciences is a key sector, with more than 140,000 people working in biotechnology, healthcare and life science companies, and the NHS.
Our region has built a global reputation as a UK hotspot for clinical trials, and biotechnologies supported by researchers at Newcastle University, Northumbria University and Durham University.
Many of our life science companies are co-located in the region’s first purpose-built commercial laboratories, The Biosphere, which benefits from a well-connected network across academia, research and business.
As you look to delve into a career in life sciences, hear from some of these companies on how they have transitioned from academia to industry, as speakers share their career stories, employment opportunities right here in the North East, and advice on what they are looking for when recruiting new people to join their team.
This event will also have a Q&A opportunity, with university representatives also on the panel, to offer tailored support and advice.
Please submit any questions you have for the panel in advance.
- Lynne Davies, Economic Advisor, Newcastle City Council (Chair)
- Helen Atkinson, Careers Consultant, Newcastle University
- Mike Nicholds, Chief Executive Officer, Newcells Biotech
- Ricardo Gouveia, Chief Scientific Officer, 3D Bio-Tissues
- Martina Miotto, Chief Scientific Officer, CellulaREvolution
- Emily Dookun, R&D Scientist, Atelerix
- Dan Williamson, Principal Scientist, Iksuda Therapeutics
- Caroline Wilson, Principal Scientist, Innovation Lab – NHS Integrated Covid Hub North East
- Donna Nile, Senior Scientist, Innovation Lab – NHS Integrated Covid Hub North East